19.09.2008 - Openings
Device Scientist Bulk heterojunction Organic Photovoltaic Devices (BHOPV).
We are at the Institute for Nanostructured Materials (ISMN) of the National Research Council (CNR) of Italy. Our research team is based in Bologna-Italy and works in the area of organic and hybrid optoelectronics having focus on devices such as OLEDs, OLETs and OPVs. In the OPV section of our group, we are expanding the activity on Bulk heterojunction OPV with enthusiastic and innovation-minded researchers.
• Work with new materials and device technology to support our program on Bulk heterojunction organic photovoltaic devices (BHOPV);
• Fabrication and characterization of BHOPV;
• Evaluate performance relative to current control materials and technology;
• Investigate and gather data for mechanisms of device failure and degradation;
• Coordinate with other teams to report data and findings;
• Write reports and standard operating procedures for appropriate evaluation of BHOPVs;
• Derive new testing procedures.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science;
• 1-3 years experience on organic solar cell fabrication;
• Knowledge of formulation and printing/application of solution-processed electrode materials;
• Working knowledge of current packaging and encapsulation technology is desired;
• Experience in failure analysis and/or degradation mechanisms in organic electronics is desired but not essential;
• Working knowledge of organic electronic devices, solid state electronics, diodes, transistors, and related circuitry;
• Fabrication and statistical analysis of organic electronic devices, with an emphasis on OLED and OPV applications;
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• The candidate must possess a strong technical background and an aptitude for conducting research in a commercial environment;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills are a must as is the ability to think and plan ahead
• The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
The applicant should send his/her CV, along with the names and addresses of two reference persons, to Dr. Alexandre Ndobe (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Michele Muccini (email@example.com), before November 1st, 2008.